Monday, May 3, 2010




Yo - Yo - Yo! Just a couple of 'college kids' coming to you from Middlebury, VT. That's right everyone - Wren and I have re-entered a younger time in our life! Main reason we are searching our souls for 5 less years of experience, life and wisdom: FREE FOOD.

That's right - we've been here in Middlebury for about 4 or 5 days now and boy have we stretched out our stomachs. There isn't necessarily a system at the 2 cafeteria's so I think we are going on like 10 free meals at this point. Oh baby! Thank you Middlebury! (Check out the picture of Wren waiting in the ice cream line!)

Emma has been showing us around - we went to Otter Creek Brewery, downtown Middlebury (the waterfall picture is in downtown Middlebury), and of course all around this beautiful campus!

Being that we are college kids now, we got to participate in Emma's frisbee team's annual party and her tap performance in Mid Dance (well, we didn't participate in that - but I was actively dancing in the audience!) It was great!

Today we went to Burlington, VT - the birthplace of Ben and Jerry's. Oh, yes. Yes. Yes. We went to the original shop and had a couple scoops. We also went to a hiking exchange store - I got new hiking boots, approved by Wren 'Eagle Scout' Smith himself. And, Bowser dog is now equipped with a hiking pack of his own!

Pictures of him in action soon....


6 comments:

  1. Great pictures .. Looks BEAUTIFUL .. Glad that you are having fun !! Looks like nobody comments as much as your mom & dad .. Love ya Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I'm all caught up with you guys now. It took me a minute, but I'm BACK! Kinyon parents, I'm gonna give you a run for your money! Haha! I'm pumped that you're giving important info regarding delicious foods-you know I love to eat:) Keep on truckin' (literally) and tell Bowser dog I said woof woof! Have a fabulous time and keep us up to date. Love yous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. College has changed in the past 5 years, so here's some tips to blend in:

    1. Wren: where a polo shirt and pop the collar...this will give you access to literally any fraternity event...free food and Bruskis.

    2. Beers are called Bruskis again.

    3. Jessie: when you speak don't move your lips...it really gives that valley girl sense of stupidity....boys like stupid girls...just watch old reruns of the OC and you'll get it.

    4. Don't like anything and make sure people know you don't like anything. You sound much smarter and debonair the more things you dislike.

    5. And lastly, when you agree with something that someone just said say, "Right"...but make sure you lift the inflection at the end. This indicates to people that you, too, are as smart as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn! I wish you would have given me this list YESTERDAY. It doesn't matter though, because I totally don't like it. And, you could tell if you saw me - because I'm barely moving my lips. Righhhtt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. jessie jay! how are you??? relaxing at the end of the semester? right;-/

    jessie k...what's the milage now??? Hope the stars were bright tonight---

    mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. free food really is the best, isn't it? some sorority was grilling free hotdogs on the quad last month, and boy did it make my day. ^_^

    ReplyDelete