Monday, May 17, 2010

Food in Philly --- or should I say CHEESE STEAKS?!



Wren has made it his DUTY to figure out which cheese steak in Philly is really worthy of being called "the best cheese steak in Philly".


So, here is what he's found out...

Out of the 6, 7 or 8 cheese steaks he's had while we've been here - this is how he would rate them from #1 to #6, #7, or #8.

1) Geno's (even if he hates to admit it) -- wit whiz.
2) Chickie's and Pete's -- white cheddar sauce from famous crab fries and onions.
3) Rick's - in a high class mall downtown. made to order in front of you.
4) Pat's King of Steaks - too much whiz. get some extra napkins.
5) Steve's Prince of Steaks - good, but called the prince for a reason i guess.
6) Old Friends (some bad delivery that we wouldn't recommend ordering again.)

*DISCLAIMER: Wren still says that the BEST cheese steak that has ever touched his lips has to be --- that's right ---- the Philly's Best in Evanston, IL. Go Figure.

On the other hand, look at me with these MUSSEL's I ordered. I'm getting more brave everyday. They were actually good, I just look a little scared in that picture due to it being the first one and all.



2 comments:

  1. Jess .. Good Look'n Food. You need some good hard bread w/ your mussels. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY .. The Truck is to be done. Hopefully you'll be back to truck'n. Call me if you want Uncle Larry's phone number in North Carolina. Love ya .. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hungry for those mussels! They are scary but so tasty. I can hardly wait for you to get to the West Coast!!

    ReplyDelete