Friday, May 28, 2010

Mileage - 233,208


New Orleans or Bust....

Well, we didn't bust. We made it - and apparently 4,300 miles later (since we left Chicago)

It was hard to pick the pictures for this post - I took some great shots of all the old architecture in the French Quarter. I love all the fun bold colors. Shutters, and trim and doors painted different than each other. Here is a picture towards the end our day of us in front of what I deemed my FAVORITE building in New Orleans. Sorry, we look a little worn out and HOT. Guess what, we were worn out and HOT!

Bowser loved New Orleans because there are horse and carriage rides everywhere. I think he thought they were there for his amusement only. Let's just say he whined a lot and pulled on his leash a lot. But still, we are proud of him. I mean he must be socialized if he can just walk around Bourbon Street and be completely okay with everything and everybody.

One of the coolest things we saw besides multiple talented street performers was a wedding reception having a 'parade' right down the middle of Royal Street, just one block south of Bourbon Street. The man with the yellow umbrella was in charge and boy was everybody having fun! Every one of their guests were walking down and swinging white napkins and dancing.

If I could stand the heat, that is how I'd get married. Maybe we can have a parade in the middle of an Alaskan Town?

I regret to say that we didn't try any gumbo, or a po-boy, or any of the amazing New Orleans food that we should have.... I was TOO hot. Couldn't handle anything but a strawberry daiquiri and water!

I couldn't not give a shout out to Wren's newest treasured breakfast spot - Waffle House. Thank God for the South.



3 comments:

  1. Jim Gaffigan does a whole bit about Waffle House. I love catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wren .. You gotta have poke-chops w/ yer waffle. Wren seems to have got a lot hairer since I last saw him in Chicago. Don't you think so Jess? Love ya .. Dad

    ReplyDelete