Saturday, June 12, 2010

Illegal Camping at the Grand Canyon

Text Color


Dear Parents, Adults, Grandparents, and all responsible law-abiding citizens,

Although we may have broken the 'no camping rule', I would argue that it's not exactly camping if you are sleeping in the back of your parked truck and all of you and your belongings are safely stored away inside. Right? Right. Plus we were very respectful about trash, noise, etc. I'd say more people should camp this way! (See picture of Bowser and I being MODEL citizens.)

So, we slept overnight at the Grand Canyon in hopes of seeing the sunrise. We set 2 alarms for 5:00am. Our plan was that this was WAY earlier than the sun would actually be up - so no matter what, we wouldn't be able to miss it. Ha! Live and learn, I guess.

Throughout the course of the night, both Wren's phone and mine died from no charge leaving us without an alarm. That's okay though, because the sun woke me up at 5:14am. Whaaa!?

Other people who had the same idea as we did, were leaving the parking lot by the time we were climbing out of the truck. I say - my pictures are still good. And, it was damn early. We did pretty good for the first time I think. It was super windy and cold, so after 15 minutes are so we climbed back into our bedroom and slept until 9am. Our normal waking up time. :)

Spent a couple of half days around the Grand Canyon. It's pretty mind-blowing....

Sincerely,
Jessie (oh, and Wren and Bowser helped with spell check and editing)

No comments:

Post a Comment