Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bears, Tigers, and SEA lions!





Hi, Hola, Heyooo!

After Bowser romped all around the coast of Big Sur - we continued our drive up Highway 1 to Monterey, CA. What a drive! I highly recommend it!

When we got to Monterey, I had no idea what I was in for --- That's right folks - Sea Lions!! I didn't even remember that there is such a big population of them there until I got there.
We got to the Fisherman's Wharf and let Bowser get out with us. There was only a couple at that pier. Far away on a rock. Bowser barked at them and they barked at him. What the hell are those things? The dog of the sea - Bowser.

The best part was when we pulled up to the second pier in hopes of seeing MORE sea lions, Wren made me close my eyes as he led me up to a PILE of them laying on a boat ramp! Best surprise ever! I think I counted 19. That was including the tiny baby who had made it about 20 feet past the pile to the sidewalk - I guess that was a secret place to be. No chances of being woken up by your SNORING neighbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment